Biblical ▪ Children’s & Family Classics (ages 8 and up—no picturebooks) ▪
Classic & Allegory ▪ Fantasy ▪ Futuristic ▪ Historical ▪ Humor ▪ Issues ▪
Legal & Political Thrillers ▪ Mystery & Detective ▪ Romance ▪
Romance-Suspense ▪ Sci-Fi ▪ Suspense ▪ Young Adult
▪ Selective nonfiction titles (no poetry, separate studyguides unless part of a book, plays/skits, memoirs/autobiographies)
OakTara and Barbour
OakTara publishes titles through OakTara, as well as through the Barbour-OakTara Partnership. For more info on the partnerships, click on “Barbour” on the www.oaktara.com homepage. All manuscripts must be submitted to OakTara and email@example.com as per the instructions in these Writers’ Guidelines.
We are seeking a broader spectrum of readers who may not walk through the door of an inspirational or Christian bookstore but who avidly shop the Web. Must be written from a Christian worldview but jargon for widest audience possible for product.
How We Work
Authors receive royalties from book sales and may buy copies of their books, if desired, at a discount. While we do not offer advance royalties, we do not charge fees. We offer a net royalty that is double the industry standard. We cover all publication and marketing costs. Because books are printed as they are purchased (buyers receive their books within several days), there are fewer overhead costs. That’s good news to all authors, since they need not fear the “fiscal-year reduction” of stock and being told their book has not sold enough copies to stay in print. For more info: About Us.
We receive a great quantity of manuscripts, so please do not query the status of your manuscript unless more than 12-16 weeks have passed since your submission date. Then query Ramona Tucker, at firstname.lastname@example.org, for an update.
City, State/Province, Country, Zip/Postal Code:
Home and/or Work Phone:
* Your personal information is considered confidential and for OakTara’s purposes only. It will not be distributed or sold to any third party.
Working Manuscript Title:
* Classify your book as ONE of these categories: Biblical, Children's & Family Classics, Classic & Allegory, Fantasy, Futuristic, General, Historical, Humor, Issues, Legal/Political Thrillers, Mystery & Detective, Romance, Romance-Suspense, Sci-Fi, Suspense, Young Adult.
Plot Summary/Marketing Hook:
* 200 words or less. Here’s your chance to “sell” a reader on the plot of your book!
* 200 words or less. Please include any previous publishing experience (title and publisher); professional credits (degrees, schooling, etc.); any personal experience that relates to plot/characters of this book; and your reason for writing this book. If you are planning any sequels of other titles in a series, give the title of your series, how many books are planned, and the titles of the subsequent books.
Founded by two veterans of the publishing world, Jeff Nesbit and Ramona Tucker, OakTara creates opportunities for new, talented Christian writers and established Christian authors.