* Read a review of Jay Blevins' new book, Survival and Emergency Preparedness Skills, http://www.nj.com/entertainment/arts/index.ssf/2012/12/doomsday_preparation_a_guide_-.html
* Ann Gaylia O'Barr wrote an article for the winter issue of the ACFW Journal (p. 20, The Diversity of God's Call to Writers). If you are an ACFW member you can read the article at http://www.acfw.com/journal
* Don’t miss the great review of Bruce Judisch’s The Journey Begun on Goodreads, FB, amazon, and: http://karathewriter.blogspot.com/2012/12/book-reviewthe-journey-begun.html
* Don’t miss these wonderful blogs and devos for the holiday season by Linda Gilden, author of Mama was the Queen of Christmas: http://www.cbn.com/spirituallife/devotions/gilden_christmas_which_one.aspx, http://christiandevotions.us/?s=Gilden&x=0&y=0, http://creativewritingforces.blogspot.com/2012/12/book-fun-mama-was-queen-of-christmas.html, http://myheartbelongs2books.blogspot.com/2012/12/a-game-for-all-by-linda-gilden.html, http://lauravhilton.blogspot.com/2012/12/mama-was-queen-of-christmas.html, http://blesstheirheartsmom.blogspot.com/2012/12/recipe-weekend-guest-post-game-for-all.html
* Watch Jay Blevins, author of Survival & Emergency Preparedness (you don’t want to miss this book!): https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=x5M_9bNKye4#!
* For some great author interviews, go to author/interviewer C. Kevin Thompson’s blog: http://www.ckevinthompson.blogspot.com/
* OakTara recently donated OakTara books for Jericho Road Christian Ministries' annual auction to raise money for their stellar services and ministry for the poor, the addicted, and the mentally ill. For more details, to make a donation, and to spread the word about this incredible ministry: https://www.facebook.com/jerichoroadottawa and www.jerichoroad.ca
* Jay Blevins will be featured on National Geographic’s Doomsday Preppers on Nov. 20.
* Recent articles on SEPS can be found at: http://wamu.org/news/12/11/09/man_prepares_himself_and_others_for_doomsday,
http://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/tv/doomsday-preppers-tv-show-preview/2012/11/08/44638e2a-278a-11e2-b2a0-ae18d6159439_story.html, http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2012/11/doomsday-preppers-season-2-post-hurricane-sandy-respect-and-zombie-apocalypse-readiness.html, and http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2012/11/12/for-preppers-every-day-could-be-doomsday/1701151/
* Check out the results from the Amazon Blitz for Jay Blevins' new book SEPS:
Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #11,463 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
#16 in Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Earth Sciences > Natural Disasters
#43 in Books > Science & Math > Environment
#62 in Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Sustainable Living
* Jay Blevins, author of SEPS, is a part of the promotional weekend for the second season of National Geographic Channel's hit Doomsday Preppers and will include media participants from all over the country. They will have a chance to preview episodes from this season, interview preppers from the show, and participate in demonstrations on various survival/prepper topics such as protection/self defense (Jay Blevins), preparing survival meals, putting together a bug out bag, etc. Participants will also have a chance to tour the once Top Secret bunker that was built under the Greenbriar resort with a purpose of housing members of Congress and other leaders in the event of a nuclear war.
* Jay Blevins new book, Survival and Emergency Preparedness Skills (OakTara), is being featured on the National Geographic Channel. Info can be found at: http://www.facebook.com/jason.blevins.96/posts/415495265167105, http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/channel/doomsday-preppers/episodes/bad-times-all-the-time/, and http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/channel/doomsday-preppers/videos/prepper-profile-jay-blevins/.
* Barbara Hattemer was featured in "Transforming hardship to hope” and it was a feature article in the Authors Among Us series of the Island Advantages, the local paper of Deer Isle, Maine on September 6. The article described both Barbara’s book Field of Daisies and details of her life and writing career. Barbara will speak about Field of Daisies to residents and guests of Parker Ridge Retirement Home in Blue Hill, Maine on Sept. 19 at 2:30. The Blue Hill Library has asked Barbara to do readings from her book Field of Daisies at 7:00 pm on October 4. Barbara will return home to Naples, Florida for a book signing at Barnes & Noble from 10:00 to 12:00 on Saturday, Oct. 13.
* OakTara was highlighted in Publisher’s Weekly on August 24 in their story: Religion Fall Update 2012: Christian YA Fiction Coming into full bloom by Ann Byle.
* Ann Gaylia O’Barr was interviewed August 13 on the blog, Writing for Christ: The Audience of One, by Casey Herringshaw. http://enjoyingthewritingcraft.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2012-08-18T03:00:00-07:00&max-results=7
* Sharon Bernash Smith was profiled for her local paper. Check it out here: http://www.thereflector.com/senior_lifestyle/article_919d7fc0-b980-11e1-a6de-001a4bcf887a.html
* Susan Prudhomme's review of Michael O’Brien’s novel, The Father’s Tale, is in the “Book Notes” section of the July/August 2012 issue of Touchstone.
* Darlene Brock will appear on Focus On the Family’s daily broadcast June 18. More information can be found at http://www.focusonthefamily.com/Radio.aspx?ID=%7B0AFD69CE-A97C-4E9C-BEA2.... To ind a station in your area go to http://www.focusonthefamily.com/broadcast/find-a-station.aspx
* Darlene Brock will be broadcast on Focus on the Family on Monday June 18.
* LeAnn Campbell spoke at the Freeman Advantage Terrific Tea (senior citizens) May 29. On June 4 she is attending the Novel Book Club sponsored by Freeman Advantage to talk about writing and her books. She has also spoken in several elementary schools and some public libraries this spring, where students have had an opportunity to contribute ideas for her mystery juvenile Century Farm series.
* Sylvia Stewart's article, about retirement from ministry, is live on Women in Ministry on-line magazine: http://womeninministry.ag.org/Subscriber_Articles/index.cfm?targetBay=526867fb-5f6e-485b-b12a-e2d3c9c1f174&ModID=2&Process=DisplayArticle&RSS_RSSContentID=22681&RSS_OriginatingChannelID=1237&RSS_OriginatingRSSFeedID=3757&RSS_Source=
* Patricia Stebelton's novel, Watched!, was featured in her local newspaper: http://www.heritage.com/articles/2012/05/16/chelsea_standard/news/doc4fb4144579ab0995547134.txt
* Deborah Lynne will be signing copies of her novel, Be Not Afraid, at Homewood Suites in Baton Rouge, LA on May 19th from 1 to 5 PM: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/5/prweb9503513.htm
* Darlene Brock was interviewed on FamilyLife Today. Listen to the interview at http://www.familylife.com/audio/series/series-featured-in-2012/help-wanted-moms-raising-daughters
* K.B. Schaller's book, Gray Rainbow Journey, was reviewed at http://diane-stephenson.com/gray-rainbow-journey-book-review. It is also being featured on Author Promotions for the month of May http://alturl.com/bm8f5
* K.B. Schaller was a guest blogger at http://elainestock.blogspot.com. Read her post at http://elainestock.blogspot.com/2012/02/kb-schaller-walking-in-two-worlds.html
* LeAnn Campbell was featured in her local newspaper:
* Sylvia Stewart has an article appearing in the May 21st issue of The Network, the online magazine for Women in Ministry. http://womeninministry.ag.org/
* Deborah Lynne, author of Be Not Afraid, is speaking and signing books at the Berries, Bridges and Books Annual Writers conference on April 28th between the hours of 8:30 am and 5:00 pm at the Ponchatoula Community Center in Ponchatoula, LA.
* Fay Alexander will address the Bradford Colony of the Society of Mayflower Descendants in Clearwater, Pinellas County, Florida on May 5, 2012. She has also written a review of One Candle's Light for the Florida Pilgrim for their May edition. The Pilgrim is the newsletter of the Society of Mayflower Descendants in the state of Florida.
* Sherri Wilson Johnson is featured on http://www.hospiceheartbeats.com, http://www.christ-teen.com/node/19 and http://shannonvannatter.com/sherri-wilson-johnson-real-life-romance-part-1-of-1/comment-page-1/#comment-8398
* Eileen Rife joins other ACFW Mid-Atlantic authors to sign books at Valley Reading Day, Hagerstown, MD on May 5 from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
* C. Kevin Thompson and his scientific thriller The Serpent’s Grasp are profiled in the Eustis newspaper March 1, 2012, http://assets.mediaspanonline.com/prod/7739170/03-01-2012_C-03.pdf, and in the Orlando Sentinel on March 13, 2012, http://www.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment/arts-and-theater/os-lk-people-feature-kevin-thompson-031112-20120311,0,3468797.story
* C. Kevin Thompson actively promoted his new book In the Serpent’s Grasp and signed copies at the FL Christian Writers’ Conference March 1-4. His book will be profiled in an upcoming radio show on REACH FM.
* Barbara Hattemer celebrated her birthday at the FL Writers Conference with the surprise release of her very first novel among the claps, tears, and cheers of celebration from the entire audience of conferees. Now there’s a birthday to remember!
* Fay Alexander, author of One Candle's Light, spoke at Atrium retirement community and at Delta Kappa Gamma, a teachers' organization, in Gainesville, Florida. She also spoke about her book at the Howland Colony of the Florida Society of Mayflower Descendants on Monday, March 5 at the Mayflower Retirement Center in Winter Park, Florida. She is speaking at the Bradford Colony of Descendants at Clearwater, Florida on April 28.
* Ramona Tucker, Cofounder/Editorial Director of OakTara, received the “Faculty of the Year” award at the FL Christian Writers’ conference, held March 1-4, 2012.
* K. B. Schaller is the guest author on the blog, Everyone's Story, from February 20 - 24: http://elainestock.blogspot.com/2012/02/kb-schaller-walking-in-two-worlds.html
* K.B. Schaller will be a guest blogger on Everyone's Story, http://elainestock.blogspot.com/www.twitter.com/ElaineStock on Feb. 17, 2012.
* OakTara was the featured publisher for the Christian Small Publishers’ Association circular in fall 2011.
* Ramona Cramer Tucker, cofounder and editorial director of OakTara, is the cover interview of American Christian Writers’ publication, Christian Communicator, for January 2012. www.ACWriters.com
* Edward Vasta will be a guest on the Books of Excellence show for one hour on Sunday, January 8, 2012 at the following times: Live show times are 7 p.m. EST, 6 p.m. CT, 5 p.m. MT, and 4 p.m. PT. To listen to the show, click: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/bonnie-kaye/2012/01/09/books-of-excellence
* Armand Matte's novel, Search for the Quinset Keepers, was profiled on the Quick Brown Fox newsletter, a 6000 strong newsletter for writers in Canada. More info can be found at http://quick-brown-fox-canada.blogspot.com/.
* Ann Gaylia O'Barr was interviewed on a blog called Piedmont Island Trilogy. Read the interview here: http://piedmont-island-trilogy.blogspot.com/2011/12/ann-gaylia-obarrs-searching-for-home.html
Founded by two veterans of the publishing world, Jeff Nesbit and Ramona Tucker, OakTara creates opportunities for new, talented Christian writers and established Christian authors.